- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 2 – 3 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Overall Job Purpose
- The Medical Laboratory Scientist is responsible for the timely, effective and efficient carrying outchemical, hematological, histopathological, pathological, and microbiological diagnostic analyses on body fluids such as blood, urine, sputum, stool, cerebrospinal fluid (CSF), peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, and synovial fluid, as well as other specimens.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for the following duties but not limited to:
- Examining and identifying bacteria and other microorganisms causing disease as well as preparing specimens and analyzing the chemical and hormonal contents of body fluids.
- Monitoring the effects of medication by testing how a patient is responding to treatment and relaying relevant results to relevant medical staff, who uses the information to diagnose and treat the patient’s illness.
- Analyzing chemical reactions to determine concentrations of compounds such as blood glucose and cholesterol levels as well as identifying blood groups and cross matching blood for transfusions.
- Preparing quality regent for the laboratory.
- Maintaining a safe working environment for staff and patients.
- Work experience: At least 2-3 years hands-on working experience with good knowledge of laboratory services
- Must have completed the required professional training and qualifications for their disciplinefrom recognized institutions.
- Must be registered with the Medical Laboratory Science council of Nigeria and have a current practising license.
- Education requirements: a Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Medical Laboratory Science or its equivalent.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Havana Specialist Hospital on docs.google.com to apply
Deadline: Dec 21, 2020