- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 15 years
- Location: Oyo
- City: Ibadan
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and, in accordance with the University Act, the Chief Finance Officer of the University of the University.
- He/She is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for the day to day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University
- Applicants for this key management position must be candidates with vision, proven professional distinction, managerial ability, integrity and transparency in private and public life, who should be able to provide the management of the University with appropriate advice and support for all or the institution’s financial transactions.
- The right candidate should also have the ability to develop linkages with the external communities to support the needs of the University, command respect and engender the cooperation and loyalty of staff and students of the institution.
- Applicants must possess a degree in any of Accounting, Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any other related discipline with a minimum of Second Class Lower as well as a relevant Master Degree. In addition, applicant must possess professionally recognized Accountancy qualifications of any of the following: ACA, ACMA, CPA, ACCA, ICAN or ANAN.
- Applicant should not be older than 60 years old as at date of possible assumption of duty.
- He / She must also be computer literate with a working knowledge of good Accounting packages.
- Applicants must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years cognate post-professional qualification experience in a tertiary institution/relevant organization, and must have a minimum of five years residency at the level of Deputy Bursar or its equivalent.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time to time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
- The successful candidate shall hold the office for a period of five (5) years. The appointment may however, subject to satisfactory performance, be extended for another one (1) year and no more, by the Governing Council.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Government/University Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward Applications and thirty-five (35) copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae stating their
- Full names (surname first),
- Date of Birth (not age),
- Marital Status,
- State of Origin,
- Postal/E-mail Address
- Full Qualifications with dates,
- Work experience(s),
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees.
They should also forward not more than a two-page statement of the vision and mission for the Bursary Department of a mature University along with two (2) Photostat copies of their certificates
All applications are to be submitted under confidential cover with the envelope marked “Post of Bursar, University of Ibadan” to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan, Oyo State.
Important Information / Notice
- Applicants are requested to inform their Referees to send Confidential Reports on them, using letter-head papers, directed to the address above, from whom further details may be obtained.
- Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
Deadline: Jan 14, 2021