In response to the ACE Partner call under the World Bank African Centres of Excellence (ACE) Impact project, seven ACEs have jointly established the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) to facilitate interactions, collaborations and networking among the infectious diseases ACEs, other health-related ACEs and non-ACE institutions in the sub-region, with an aim to address the inadequacies of existing health systems across Africa for responding to significant public health threats.
WANIDA seeks to promote greater cooperation between the participating institutions to pursue high quality research and excellence in training, with focus on the etiology of febrile illnesses across West Africa, and developing mechanisms for sharing research resources and technical expertise.
In line with its training mandate, the West African Network of Infectious Diseases ACEs (WANIDA) is accepting fellowship applications under the ACEPartner project for regional students enrolled in Master’s and PhD programmes at the following African Centres of Excellence (ACE) as listed below.
Organisation: World Bank
School to study: Ahmadu Bello University, Bayero University Kano, Federal University of Technology, Minna, Redeemer’s University Nigeria, University of Ghana, Université Gamal Abdel Nasser, Université Nazi Boni
Application DeadlineDecember 5, 2020
Aim and Benefits of World Bank WANIDA Postgraduate Scholarship
The successful Master’s / PhD fellow will be supported with a partial scholarship, which can be applied towards:
- Research costs
Requirements for World Bank WANIDA Postgraduate Scholarship Qualification
To be considered for a fellowship, applicants must:
- Be an African national enrolled as a regional student (non-national) in one of the above-listed ACEs in the 2020/2021 academic year
- Be interested in working on one of the following priority disease areas: COVID-19, HIV, malaria, tuberculosis, Ebola, Mycobacterial infections, neglected tropical diseases, food-borne pathogens
Each application will be evaluated by the WANIDA Scholarship Committee. Candidates will be contacted by email.
Documents Required for Application
Applicants are required to include as part of their applications:
- Completed application form
- Summary of research proposal including plans for partnership (s) with other ACE (s), budget and timelines (maximum 2 pages)
- Letter of motivation (maximum 1 page)
- Endorsement from current supervisor and ACE Center Leader
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- Proof of registration in current academic year or letter of admission
- Official transcript from most recent degree
December 5, 2020
How to Apply
For more details, visit waccbip website