Aim and Benefits of University of Oulu Masters Scholarship
The scholarships will be granted in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50%, 75% or 100% of the full tuition fee. Applicants can apply for the tuition scholarship as part of the admissions process. University of Oulu Scholarships do not cover living costs.
University of Oulu Masters Scholarship Courses
- Architectural Design
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Analytics
- Computer Science
- Ecology and Population Genetics
- Education and Globalisation
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business Management
- Learning, Education and Technology
- Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining
- Product Management
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Wireless Communications Engineering
Requirements for University of Oulu Masters Scholarship Qualification
Candidates are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2021/2022, if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
- Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2021/2022.
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
Checkout: How To Write A Scholarship Essay – Scholarship Essay Examples
Interview date, Process and Venue for University of Oulu Masters Scholarship
Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International study programme is confirmed. The selection criteria for the University of Oulu Scholarship are based on previous academic performance and academic potential.
Documents Required for Application
- Copy of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree certificate in original language / Temporary (provisional) degree certificate
- Translation of Bachelor’s degree certificate if original document is not issued in English, Finnish or Swedish. Information for applicants graduating after the application deadline.
- Copy of transcript of records of Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in original language
- Proof of language proficiency
- A copy of passport or identity card. Finnish citizens do not have to attach a copy of their passport or identity card.
January 20, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to University of Oulu on www.oulu.fi to apply
- Find your programme from our selection. There is a link to Studyinfo online application system on each master’s programme page on this website. It is also useful to check the timeline of the application process from the deadlines page and useful information of the application system from Studyinfo’s webpage.
- Check your eligibility for the programme you wish to apply.
- Collect for your application documents and scan them before making an online application. Attach copies of your degree certificate and language test to the online application.
- Submit your online application and all required application documents as attachments via Studyinfo online application system.
- Your application will be processed and all eligible students will receive the selection results in March. All applicants who receive a study offer need to verify the educational documents and send them to University of Oulu by April 30, 2021 at 15:00 / 3pm (GMT+2).
- Should you have questions regarding the application process, please contact our admissions team
There is no separate application system for the International Scholarship. Applications for the International Scholarship are submitted together with the application for the preferred study option in Studyinfo portal.
For more details, visit University of Oulu website