- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 5 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
Our client is an active player in the Health Tech sector.
The plant manager will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the oxygen plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. He/she will develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality, and productivity to meet business objectives.
The manager will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance and will ensure that objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that’s consistent with quality requirements.
- Distribute or process gas for utility companies or industrial plants, using panel boards, control boards, and semi-automatic equipment. Operate natural gas distribution equipment.
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable and other potentially dangerous products to ensure that safety guidelines are followed.
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning.
- Control equipment to regulate flow and pressure of the gas to feedlines of boilers, furnaces, and related steam-generating or heating equipment.
- Ensure communication with customers to coordinate plant production and maintenance activities to meet customer needs and availability guarantees.
- Responsible for facility budgeting and accounting.
- Perform and/or schedule maintenance of instrumentation, electrical systems, compressors, pumps, turbines, valves, motors, and other plant equipment.
- Implementation and maintenance of asset management systems including spare parts, preventive, predictive, and proactive maintenance.
- Continuous improvement of all applicable safety, environmental, quality, and compliance programs.
- Advice on plant staffing, training, and development
- BSc. in
- Mechanical or chemical engineering/manufacturing
- Advanced degree in engineering or management will be an advantage
At least 5 years in plant operations or similar role
Skills and Abilities
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, and human resources)
- Strong possession of gas plant-specific management skills
- Familiarity with industry-standard equipment and technical expertise
- Solid understanding of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory, and stewardship processes
- Strong team building, conflict resolution, decision-making, and people management skills
- Able to meet physical demand required for performing his/her duties
- Gas production industry awareness
- Highly organized and efficient
- Work Environment
- Work at the plant site
- Will be required to work overtime, on weekends
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eRecruiter Nigeria on bit.ly to apply
Deadline: Dec 30, 2020