- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND
- Experience: 4 – 8 years
- Location: Lagos
- Job Field: Finance / Accounting / Audit
We are looking for an accountant with Oil and Gas experience, to manage all financial transactions, from fixed paymemts and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets.
Accountant responsibilities include; auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and reconciling tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you shoud have previous experience with book keeing and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
Ultimately, you will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position, liquidity and cash flows of our business, while ensuring that we are complaint with our tax regulations.
- Work experience as an Accountant
- Excellent knowledge of acounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands on experience with accounting software like Sage and QuickBooks
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Additonal certification (ACA) is a plus
- Prepare profit and loss statements and monthly closing and cost accounting reports
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, and document business transactions
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
- Manage petty cash systems; disbursements and claims.
- Tracking Payments to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
- Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control
- Processing Tax payments and returns
- Recommend, develop and maintain financial data bases, computer software systems and manual filing systems
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s automated financial systems
- To oversee the preparation of annual and project specific budgets for the unit and exercise control over expenditure.
- Interact with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Other duties as assigned
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.
Deadline: Nov 27, 2020