The GIS Officer will maintain project database(s) for the consolidation of project-related and GIS data in-country. He/she will support the project in the collection and management of spatial datasets, verification, and update of the collected data. The GIS Officer will monitor the accuracy of the collected data. In addition, he/she will develop scripts to increase the efficiency of data management, analysis, and visualization.
- Coordinate with state officers to develop and maintain up to date GIS maps of BA-N intervention wards
- Support state offices to develop and monitor ward-level activity coverage plans using population density data.
- Lead the data cleaning and coordination with state offices to ensure data quality from all project data collection initiatives.
- Support state officers to improve data quality at the time of entry
- Prepare Monthly Performance Reports for individual CVs based on activity process indicators, coverage, and completed referrals for use by state offices, including LGA Supervisors.
- Coordinate with state officers to ensure effective use of Monthly Performance Reports to guide adaptive management.
- Lead the analysis of GIS data on SBC activities to identify and report trends in priority behaviors at the cluster, ward, and state level.
- Maintains database performance by troubleshooting problems as well as enforcing standards and controls.
- Keeps senior technical management informed by preparing reports on system performance and recommendation for upgrades/updates to meet changing project needs
- Identify and resolve database issues related to performance and capacity.
- Perform regular audits to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Provide regular updates to management on database project status.
Requirements for the position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography / GIS or a related discipline.
- 5 years’ experience in GIS / Database management, preferably for an NGO.
- Previous experience with mobile data collection (ODK, ONA, KOBO).
- Knowledge of analytical software packages (R, SPSS, Stata, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience working with GIS applications (QGIS, ARCGIS etc).
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- An eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand business needs.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Experience working with ‘relational database management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrating the ability to effectively communicate, consult, influence, and negotiate with a wide range of people at all levels with users, suppliers, and service providers.
- Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter as one PDF document to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “GIS Officer” as the subject of the email by 16th November 2020. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Nov 16, 2020