- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience2 years
- Job FieldMedical / Healthcare
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Perform routine clinical laboratory tests done in hematology, chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, immunology and coagulation.
- Adequate stock taking and preparation for clinic.
- Attending to patient in a professional and timely manner.
- Collating of monthly reports.
- Providing test results for patient diagnosis and treatment (chemistry, hematology, immunology, microbiology) by operating equipment provided.
- Organize work by matching orders with specimen labeling; sorting specimens; checking labeling; logging specimens; arranging reports for delivery; keeping work surfaces clean and orderly.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting; calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Identify and communicates abnormal patient conditions by alerting supervisory personnel, the pathologist, the patient physician, or nurse; reporting mandated information to the public health department or other designated officials.
- Identify the presence or quantity of drugs of abuse, therapeutic drugs, and toxic substances by operating toxicology instrumentation and performing manual methods for the performance of drug screens, blood alcohol levels, and carbon monoxide levels.
- Contributing to a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, physicians and co-workers by following established standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintaining patient confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential.
- Serving and protecting the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements standards.
- Enhancing laboratory services and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- An Ordinary National Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science or Science Laboratory Technology is required.
- Candidate must be smart and flexible.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the same role is required.
- Method of Application
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Deadline: Nov 8, 2020