The Association for Research On Civil Society In Africa (AROCSA) with the support of Ford Foundation, has established the PhD Fellowship Program in Africa.
As part of the program, selected PhD scholars who have successfully defended their research proposals will be provided research grants to cover the cost of their research i.e. fieldwork, data collection, data processing, and the printing of their final dissertations.
The research grant is targeted at encouraging the production and dissemination of knowledge by African scholars in the fields of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies in line with AROCSA’s mission to promote and advance a community of excellence in research and practice on civil society in the service of African development.
AROCSA Ph.D Fellowship Program
- OrganisationAssociation for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA)
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineNovember 13, 2020
Aim and Benefits of AROCSA Ph.D Fellowship Program
- Successful applicants will be expected to present papers on their research at AROCSA’s next annual conference scheduled to hold in August 2021 where they will formally be inducted as AROCSA fellows. Their completed theses will also be hosted on the AROCSA website as an open source document to benefit other researchers and the general public.
- Successful applicants will be awarded a grant of up to US$3,500
Requirements for AROCSA Ph.D Fellowship Program Qualification
- AROCSA is accepting proposals from African scholars currently registered as full time PhD students with a university in Africa.
- Applicants’ theses should focus on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies.
- Applicants should have already defended their research proposals at the time of application to be considered eligible.
Selection Criteria: Grants are awarded based on merit. Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Potential quality and impact of proposed research.
- Alignment with the thematic research areas of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies
Documents Required for Application
- Proof of registration with a university in Africa
- Copy of Approved Research proposal
- Letter of motivation from the applicant
- Letter of support from supervisor
November 13, 2020