The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) has launched the call for applications of its 2020 Local Pathways Fellowship program.
The Fellowship is one of the world’s leading training and research programs on SDG11 for young urban leaders. It offers the knowledge, resources, and platform needed to empower young urban innovators to take local actions for the implementation of the UN 2030 Agenda in their localities by:
- Guiding and informing their advocacy and outreach work;
- Providing them with a framework for engagement with local stakeholders;
- Facilitating mutual learning and exchange of urban solutions; and
- Supporting their efforts to promote local understanding, dialogue and problem-solving for sustainable development.
UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative
- OrganisationUnited Nations
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineNovember 30, 2020
Aim and Benefits of UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative
- The fellows will benefit from global visibility and exposure as champions for sustainable urban development, numerous opportunities to develop their expertise, as well as access to our vast network of SDG professionals and advocates.
- Being part of SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to be at the forefront of efforts taken by the United Nations, governments, companies, and civil society in developing and leading a global movement for sustainable development and enables you to make an impact.
- Being part of a movement of young people, who are committed to sustainable development and are being equipped with the necessary skills and tools to overcome key challenges and meaningfully contribute to the achievement of SDGs in communities.
- SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship enables you to build professional and personal relationships with high-level stakeholders in civil society, business, government, and the United Nations.
- By joining the Local Pathways Fellowship, you will be part of a diverse and exceptional group of fellows with a variety of cultural, religious, and political backgrounds, committed to sustainable development.
- The relationships you develop through SDSN Youth and the Local Pathways Fellowship could serve as a foundation for your future endeavors.
- Supported by our global team of experts, you will progress rapidly in a challenging but flexible, fulfilling, and meaningful environment.
- You may be selected to attend and/or speak at events
- Your experiences will become central to our program ?s efforts and legacy.
Requirements for UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network – Youth Initiative Qualification
Local Pathways Fellowship welcomes young applicants across the globe, passionate about sustainable urban development. Requirements for the applicants:
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (exceptions may apply);
- Be based in the same city throughout the Fellowship (January to November 2020);
- Demonstrated commitment to working toward urban sustainable development;
- A minimum of one year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community engagement, and advocacy, or similar.