Ashinaga, Japan-based non-profit organization offers scholarship to students from select African countries to study for undergraduate degrees at the world’s leading universities in countries such as Japan, US, UK etc
Ashinaga presents the “Ashinaga Africa Initiative” aiming to provide higher education to 20 brilliant students from Sub-Saharan African countries each year, some of which are among the poorest in the world, and encourage them to become leading professionals in their own countries.
Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship
- OrganisationAshinga Africa Initiative
- Country to study–
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineFebruary 19, 2021
Aim and Benefits of Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship
The Ashinaga (100-Year Vision) Scholarship provides a full scholarship that covers the cost of
- Accommodation (during the terms and vacation),
- Flight, and
- Provides monthly stipend which covers food and necessary academic costs.
Requirements for Ashinaga Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- Have lost one or both parents.
- Have completed secondary school and passed national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not accepted) within the last two years (any date after 1st September 2018, including all of 2019 and 2020) or will have completed secondary school and received final exam results before February 28th, 2021.
- Have citizenship and have completed/are completing high school in one of the following countries listed on the website
- Were born after 1st September 1998.
- Do not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Are proficient in English or French.
- Are regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school. Students without strong grades are unlikely to be successful.
- Are able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Are committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa, and contribute to society in Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents who could interfere with academic progress.
- Have a good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
Documents Required for Application
- Completed application form
- Working email address and telephone number
- Document proving the death of one or both parents, such as a death certificate
- Proof of age, such as a birth certificate, national ID or passport
- Secondary school/high school graduation certificate
- Results from final national exams
- Academic report cards from the last two years of high school/secondary school
- Passport-style photo of yourself
February 19, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Ashinga Africa Initiative on ashinaga.smapply.io to apply
There are two stages to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative application process;
- Registration: all applicant must first confirm the eligibility by registering for the programme. Only students who register for the program and are deemed eligible (based on criteria/eligibility above) will receive the application form.
- Application: all students who register for the programme will receive an email with a link to the application form within 1 month of their registration if they are eligible for the programme.
After downloading and completing your application you will have to send your scanned form and all relevant documents to email@example.com.
NB: There is no application fee, and you must never pay anyone to apply or to apply on your behalf.
For more details, visit Ashinaga website