Chevening Scholarships at Queen Mary University of London are available for students from almost all nationalities except those from the EU or USA.
Queen Mary works closely with the Chevening – the UK government’s international scheme aimed at developing global leaders – to provide a large number of full scholarships for study on our one-year Masters courses.
Every year we host a large cohort of the 1900 Chevening Scholars who come to study at universities all over the UK. Generally we welcome around 90 scholars each year but there is no cap on this number.
Our Chevening Scholars play an active role in our lively and diverse student community and are invited to attend our annual International Scholars Reception, as well as a variety of other scholarship events throughout the year.
Table of Content
- About Chevening
- Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
- Aim and Benefits of Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
- Requirements for Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Interview date, Process and Venue for Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
- Documents Required for Application
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
Chevening Scholarships enable outstanding emerging leaders from all over the world to pursue one-year master’s degrees in the UK. Whilst there is no ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, we are looking for the kind of people who have the passion, ideas, and influence to provide the solutions and leadership needed to create a better future.
Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
- Country to studyUnited Kingdom
- School to studyQueen Mary University of London
- Course to studyNot specified
- State of Origin
- GenderMen and Women
- Application DeadlineNovember 3, 2020
Aim and Benefits of Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
This scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees,
- living costs and
Requirements for Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship Qualification
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Chevening QMU Masters Scholarship
If you applied for a 2021/2022 Chevening Scholarship you will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system. Log in using the details you registered with. Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
Documents Required for Application
You must provide the following supporting documentation:
- Completed application form. Please submit an online application via the postgraduate course finder.
- Degree transcripts.
- Referee details.
- Statement of purpose
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/ Resume
- English Language certificate (if applicable)
November 3, 2020
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Chevening on www.qmul.ac.uk to apply
- Applications for all scholarships must be made directly to the Chevening: full details on how to apply are available on the Chevening’s webpages.
- All 12 month full-time Masters courses are eligible for this award. Those starting in January or lasting longer than 12 months are not eligible. Online course are not eligible.
- Candidates should also apply for their chosen Masters programme at QMUL through our online portal in the normal way.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply to Queen Mary before February to ensure that their application can be processed in a time to meet the Chevening’s deadline for the confirmation of their unconditional university offer in July 2021.
For more details, visit QMU website