Evangelisches Studienwerk awards scholarships for studying at universities of applied sciences and universities all over Germany. They support students from all disciplines and specialist subjects. The important criteria are their enthusiasm for their own subject, good performances and a keen interest in interdisciplinary topics.
They are glad to receive applications from students and school graduates and support students without trial periods for the whole duration of their studies. In this way, they would like to give them time to get to know Evangelisches Studienwerk with its wide range of offers and allow them to get involved and help shape things.
Evangelisches Studienwerk offers their students intensive and individual support, a varied and interdisciplinary range of seminars as well as the responsible codetermination of scholarships at all levels. Their financial scholarship includes up to 597 euros monthly (calculated in accordance with the guidelines of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)) plus an allowance for study issues. Unfortunately, they cannot support any students in part-time, correspondence or dual courses of studies.
The scholarship of Evangelisches Studienwerk provides a monthly allowance and wide range of academic offers:
- Monthly allowance
of up to 649 Euros plus 300 Euros for study issues
- Summer university
A broad variety of seminars are held at the Villigst Campus during the summer months. Academics, experts, students and graduates with different academic and professional backgrounds come together to discuss issues in an interdisciplinary atmosphere.
- Study/work abroad
Gaining professional competence and broadening one’s horizon demands for global experience. This is why Evangelisches Studienwerk actively encourages its students to spend time abroad and usually covers tuition and expenses for traveling.
- Work practice
Evangelisches Studienwerk supports mandatory internships up to one semester.
Villigst is a democratic organization and encourages all students to contribute to the institutional life. They are represented at all levels of the Studienwerk’s management.
- Contact and advice
Students experience individual advice and support not only through their Director of Studies in Villigst but also through a regional counsellor at their university’s location.
Evangelisches Studienwerk is looking for young people who are interested in their subject, achieve good performances, take on responsibility in society and are keen to broaden their horizon. The following formal requirements must be fulfilled for the application:
- Proven social commitment (for instance church, politics, social, environment) and proven specialist suitability for the course of studies
- Membership in a Protestant church (exceptions are possible when submitting a special application
- Citizenship of a member state or accession country of the European Union or other citizenship in accordance with Section 8 of the German Federal Training Assistance Act (BAföG)
- For applicants without German citizenship: good German language skills (DSH certificate, TestDaf (test for foreign learners of the German language)
- Valid qualification for university studies (for instance general or advanced entrance qualification)
- At the time of application (March/ September), therefore, the students must not have advanced beyond the 3rd subject-related semester
Exception: Refugees who would like to study or want to continue their studies in Germany are eligible to apply past the 3rd semester. At pre-selectiontime of application there have to be at least 4 subject-related semesters left to study.
- For students striving for a double degree, the number of semesters in the course of studies first commenced is decisive
- Applicants who are older than 35 must also enclose a special application (to the information sheet for special applications [PDF])
- Receipt of the processing charge (12 euros) until completion of application
Eligible Regions: EU member states, and anyone who lives in Germany (foreigner or citizen)
- After you have registered via the link from the official website, you will receive your log-in data for the online application portal by e-mail.
- It may take a while before you are sent your personal password.
- With your log-in data you will then be able to log in and process your application data at any time until the deadline for applications.
- Please note that you have to click the “Finalise entries” button on the start page of the online application portal to subsequently send your application.
- You will then be confirmed automatically by e-mail that the application documents have been transmitted in good time.
- As soon as your documents is checked, they will contact you. If you are accepted for the selection process, in the next step you will be invited to a preliminary interview. The preselection committee will then decide on the invitation to the two-day main selection process. This always takes place in February and July in Haus Villigst (Schwerte) and includes group phases and another individual interview. You have to appear personally for the preselection and main selection processes.
- All communication within the framework of the process is by e-mail. They therefore request that you should be definitely available for contacting by e-mail and should promptly notify us if there are any changes in your contact data. Furthermore, we would like to inform you that your data will be electronically processed for the selection and forwarded to the persons involved in this process.
- Go to the online application portal from the apply now link.
- Application deadlines and fees
Please note that they can only accept you in our support programme if you are already studying or you are going to commence studies on the next possible date after the selection process. If you are not yet studying, please always apply for the process which begins before the planned commencement of your studies.
- The application deadline for acceptance for the winter semester is 1st March (midnight).
- The preselection processes are in April/May offer and the main selection process is in July/August.
- The application deadline for acceptance for the summer semester is 1st September (midnight).
- The preselection processes then take place in October/November and the main selection process in February/March.
For Further Queries
Ressort BewerberInnenansprache/Auswahl Frau Lenzen/ Frau Preuß E-Mail: email@example.com Telefon: 02304 755-213 oder -362Disclaimer: Youth Opportunities spreads opportunities for your convenience and ease based on available information, and thus, does not take any responsibility of unintended alternative or inaccurate information. As this is not the official page, we recommend you to visit the official website of opportunity provider for complete information. For organizations, this opportunity is shared with sole purpose of promoting “Access to Information” for all and should not be associated with any other purposes.